AABANY in the News
- November 9, 2013: "22 Lewd Chinese Women" featured in NPR's Weekend Edition
- October 4, 2013: Tsui Yee quoted in WNYC news article on the Impact of the Government Shutdown
- September 30, 2013: Rio Guerrero featured in Adobonation
- September 16, 2013: Nelson Mar Quoted in WNYC News Story on Disruptive Students
- September 11, 2013: Vincent Chang Quoted in New York Law Journal
- September 4, 2013: AABANY re-enactment of '22 Lewd Chinese Woman' featured in The Atlantic
- July 16, 2013: AABANY re-enactment of the Heart Mountain trials covered in the New York Law Journal
- June 12, 2013: Tsui Yee interviewed in the Epoch Times on comprehensive immigration reform
- May 24, 2013: Mike Huang and AABANY officers listed in the New York Law Journal: Meet the Affinity Bar Group Presidents
- May 1, 2013: Michael Wu featured in May Issue of Inside Counsel
- May 1, 2013: Mike Huang's Law Day article in the New York Law Journal.
- April 2013: Lillian Moy Awarded 2013 Diversity Trailblazer Award
- April 13, 2013: Asian-American Women Prosecutors Break Through "The Ceiling" (World Journal)
- April 8, 2013: Pauline Yeung-Ha quoted on WNYC Radio
- March 25, 2013: Vinoo Varghese defends younger brother of Raj Rajaratnam in major insider trading case
- February 22, 2013: Glenn Lau-Kee makes history as the first Asian-American president of the New York State Bar Assocation
- February 6, 2013: AABANY President 2011 Linda Lin makes a historic ‘no’ vote at the City Council Districting Commission February 6 meeting
|NPR’s Weekend Edition ran a story on Saturday, Nov. 9, about AABANY’s latest trial re-enactment, "22 Lewd Chinese Women,” which premiered at the NAPABA National Convention in Kansas City, MO, on Nov. 8. Read more on our blog at bit.ly/22onnpr|
Congratulations to Immigration and Nationality Law Committee Co-Chair Tsui Yee who was interviewed in the May 24, 2013 edition of Epoch Times, a Chinese-language daily newspaper, regarding the hot topic of comprehensive immigration reform. For more about the article click on the image.
|Congratulations to Rio Guerrero, co-chair of the Immigration and Nationality Committee, for being featured on the NYChika segment on AdoboNation. In the program, Rio discussess what it is like as a second-generation Filipino-American building a law firm and raising his family in NYC.To watch the segment go to bit.ly/rg_adobontn|
|Nelson Mar, Bronx Legal Services attorney, education law specialist and an AABANY member, was quoted in a September 16 WNYC news story entitled "Sending Disruptive Students to the E.R. Worries Docs, Advocates.” To read the full story go to bit.ly/nmar_kids2er|
|AABANY Judiciary Committee Co-Chair and Past President Vince Chang was quoted in a front page article in the New York Law Journal, September 11, entitled: "NYCLA Sounds Alarm on Dire State of U.S. Judiciary Budget.” Vince was quoted as the lead author of the report warning about the harsh consequences of the judicial budget cuts to the Federal courts. Read more on our blog at bit.ly/jdclbdgtcts|
|The Atlantic has published an article about the AABANY trial re-enactments spearheaded by Judge Denny Chin and Kathy Hirata Chin. It provides a good history of the re-enactments and discusses how they have helped share lessons in Asian American history with the legal profession as well as the broader community. To read the article go to bit.ly/22lwdwmn|
The New York Law Journal covered the AABANY re-enactment of the Heart Mountain trials presented on July 11 at Cadwalader. AABANY again thanks Cadwalader for hosting the event, helping AABANY to inform and educate the public about important civil rights and social justice issues in American history raised by Asian Americans and their experience.
Congratulations to Mike Huang, AABANY President, and all the Officers of AABANY for being mentioned in the New York Law Journal article "Meet the Affinity Bar Group Presidents," on May 24. To read the full article go to bit.ly/barpres_nylj
Congratulations to Michael Wu, General Counsel of Rosetta Stone and AABANY Advisory Committee member, on this great profile in the May issue of Inside Counsel Magazine.
To read the full article go to bit.ly/ic_mikewu
Congratulations to AABANY President Mike Huang for his Law Day article appearing in the May 1st issue of the New York Law Journal. To read the full article go to bit.ly/MHuangNYLJ050113
Lillian Moy, Executive Director of the Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York was mentioned in the April 2013 issue of Stride as the recipient of the Diversity Trailblazer Award given by the Committee on Diversity and Inclusion of the New York State Bar Association. Click on the image to download a PDF of the newsletter.
World Journal covered the April 11 Asian Women in Business event, "Raising the Bar and Tearing Down Barriers: Asian Women Prosecutors and the Pursuit of Justice” at which current Prosecutors' Committee Co-Chair Rosemary Yu and past Prosecutors' Committee co-chair Cristina Park spoke, moderated by Sandra Leung, General Counsel of Bristol-Myers Squibb and AABANY Advisory Committee member. For the full article in Chinese go to bit.ly/awib_raisethebar . To read the translation go to bit.ly/awib_raisethebartsl. Thanks to Frank Luo for the translation.
Pauline Yeung-Ha, co-chair of AABANY’s Solo and Small Firm Practice Committee, was quoted in an April 8 article on WNYC Radio about lack of regulation in adult daycare centers. Click here http://wny.cc/124IyKb to read more.
AABANY Director Vinoo Varghese has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, New York Times and Washington Post as a defense attorney for Rengan Rajaratnam, the younger brother of Raj Rajaratnam, facing insider trading charges stemming from the government's prosecution of the Galleon Group hedge fund.
Glenn Lau-Kee, son of Norman Lau-Kee, one of the most revered attorneys in the Chinese community, was elected the President of the New York State Bar Assocation (NYSBA) for year 2014. To read the full text in Chinese go to bit.ly/WrldJrnl_NYSBA_GlennLau-Kee. To read the translated text go to http://bit.ly/AABANY_WJGlnnLKee_trnsltd. Thanks to Frank Luo and Wendy Yu for help with the translation.
AABANY President 2011 Linda Lin’s historic ‘no’ vote on the City Council Districting Commission’s February 6 meeting against the Commission’s map of proposed district lines was noted in Crain’s Friday Mashup on February 8. To read the ACCORD statement mentioned in that article go to http://bit.ly/llin_accord_ltr.
Find earlier In the News postings in the archive.