6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
JAMS New York Resolution Center
620 Eighth Ave,
New York City, New York 10018
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The ABA Section of Dispute Resolution has designated the third week of October as the time to promote and celebrate peaceful conflict resolution practices worldwide.
JAMS New York is set to offer the following program to promote Mediation Week. We are pleased to have the Asian American Bar Association of New York (AABANY) and the New York County Lawyers Association (NYCLA) as official sponsors of our program.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
CLE: 1.5 Areas of Professional Practice Credit
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 PM, Networking Reception to follow
Best Practices in Employment Mediation
In this important program, a panel of employment mediation experts will provide powerful practice tools to advocates who are ready to better prepare, present and negotiate during a mediation session.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Recognizing the Unique Dynamics of Employment Mediations
- Employment Cases Ripe for Mediation – e.g., wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, ADA matters
- How to Prepare a Case for Mediation
- The Mediation Session
- Effective Negotiation
- Using the Mediator to Your Best Advantage
- Getting Beyond Impasse
- What You Need to Consider if a Case Doesn’t Settle
- Hon. Ariel E. Belen, JAMS
- Jyotin Hamid, Esq., Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Douglas H. Wigdor, Esq., Partner, WIGDOR LLP
- Jane H. Kauh, Vice President & Senior Legal Counsel, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
- Karen Yau, Esq., Mediator, EEOC
JAMSNew York Resolution Center
620 Eighth Ave., 34th Floor
New York, NY 10018
email@example.com or 212.607.2760
JAMS is proud to co-sponsor this event with: