2015 Lowenstein Sandler Scholars Program for 1Ls
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace, and to fulfilling the promise of a collegial and
respectful working environment where each person is encouraged and assisted in reaching his or her fullest potential. Furthering our ongoing commitment to diversity, we are pleased to sponsor the 2015 Lowenstein Sandler Scholars Program.
The 2015 LS Scholars Program will provide up to four law students with $10,000 scholarships toward second-year tuition and paid Summer Associate positions with the firm upon completion of the first year of law school. The 1L summer positions will be located in Roseland, New Jersey, and will offer a salary of $2,700/week or $29,700 for eleven weeks from May 18 to July 31, 2015.The scholarship may be renewed for the third year if the LS Scholar is offered and accepts a Summer Associate position with
Lowenstein Sandler upon completion of the second year of law school, and maintains a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 during his or her second and third years of law school.
Applicants for the 2015 Lowenstein Sandler Scholars Program must be currently enrolled full-time 1L students at Columbia University School of Law, Cornell University Law School, Duke University School of Law, Georgetown Law Center, Harvard Law School, Howard University School of Law, NYU School of Law, Rutgers University School of Law-Newark, Seton Hall University School of Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School or Yale Law School, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
To be considered, please submit the following application materials before Friday, January 30, 2015:● Detailed cover letter presenting your career goals and reasons you would like to be a 2015 Lowenstein Sandler
Scholar and a 2015 Summer Associate and your expected contribution to our diverse community
● Current resume
● Undergraduate college and law school transcripts (Unofficial versions are permitted and can be sent when
available in February)
● Writing sample from first semester legal writing course (Original student work product)
● Personal essay (up to 500 words) describing your most significant challenge and how you met that challenge
● Two references: Name and contact information for a law professor or legal writing instructorPlease upload your application to the "self-apply” link on our website (http://www.lowensteincareers.com/selfapply/)
and also send your documents by email to:Mary J. Hildebrand, Esq.
Partner and Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Lowenstein Sandler LLP
65 Livingston Avenue
Roseland, New Jersey 07068
Tel 973 597 6308973 597 6308 Fax 973 597 6309
Deadlines for the 2015 Lowenstein Sandler Scholars Program:January 30, 2015 – All Application Materials Must Be Received by this Date
February 2 to 27, 2015 – Semi-finalists Interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler
Weeks of March 9 and 16, 2014 – Scholarship Recipients Announced
About Lowenstein Sandler:● 300-attorney firm with offices in NJ/NY/CA/DC
● Ranked as one of the "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity”
● Ranked as one of the "Top 100 Law Firms for Women”
● Ranked as one of the "Top 25 Law Firms for Hispanics”
● "50 Best Law Firms for Women” - Working Mother & Flex-Time Lawyers Lowenstein Sandler Scholars Program J.D. Class of 2017