Please join us for a unique career panel on October 15th!!
Hear from in-house and corporate counsel from a diverse array of organizations at different stages in their careers about securing job placement. This panel should appeal to young lawyers with an interest in pursuing IP law that want to learn about taking a non-traditional career path without law firm training and also to those contemplating moving on from firm life.
Sponsoring Committees: Career Placement Committee, IP Committee, Young Lawyers Committee, Membership Committee
The lineup of speakers will include:
• Charles Chen (Deputy General Counsel, Intellectual Property, HICKIES)
• Alice Lee (In-House Counsel, Ralph Appelbaum Associates, Inc.)
• Lee Pham (Director of Global Intellectual Property Strategy, American Express)
• Gene Rhough (VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Global Digital Business, Sony Music Entertainment)
• Jeff Tang (Intellectual Property Attorney, IBM)
• Stacy Wu (Associate, International Trademark Department, Fross Zelnick Lehrman & Zissu, P.C.)
Date and Time: Thursday, October 15, 2015, 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Location: Lee Anav Chung White & Kim LLP, 156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 308 (308at156 Project Art Space), New York, NY 10010 (cross street is 20th Street)
- Reasons to target your job search outside of the firm environment
- Considerations in forgoing law firm experience
- Communication skills - working alongside non-lawyers
- Mentorship & how to find allies in your organization
Food and drinks will be served. Networking reception to follow.