AABANY Membership Committee, Career Placement Committee & Young Lawyers Committee
Getting on Track: Series 5 - “Networking for Lawyers”
Do you ever find yourself at a networking event, wanting to approach someone or a group of people, but don’t know how to do it? Ever wanted to politely excuse yourself from a conversation, but feel uncomfortable doing so? Have you ever emailed someone you met at a networking event, and never heard back from them? If you said “yes” to any of these questions, then you should consider attending this event. This program will discuss how to get the most of your networking efforts, including practical tips from a diverse panel of law firm, in-house, and non-practicing attorneys. Some of the topics our panel will cover include:
- How to prepare for networking events
- The “Do’s and Don’ts” at networking events
- How to follow-up after networking events
Our distinguished speakers include:
- Pauline Yeung-Ha, Partner, Grimaldi & Yeung LLP
- Austin So, Division General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Heraeus Incorporated
- Robert Leung, Partner, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Yang Chen, Executive Director, Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Jeff Ikejiri, Director, RGP Legal
The panel discussion will start at 6:30pm, with a networking reception to follow, so attendees can practice what they’ve learned.
Space is limited, so register soon!
If registration is closed at capacity, contact Jeff Ikejiri at Jeffrey.Ikejiri@rgp.com to be placed on the waitlist.
Date, Time, & Location
January 20, 2016
o 6:30pm – 8:00pm: Panel Discussion
o 8:00pm – 9:30pm: Networking Reception
RGP, 7 Times Square, Suite 2600, New York, NY 10036
Easily accessible via the 1-2-3, N-R-Q, S, A-C-E, and B-D-M-F trains