Regional CLE & Seminar Presented by the ABA Section of Litigation, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee
Hosted by Fordham Law School
The Preliminary Battle: Provisional and Pre-Judgement Remedies & Strategies
2:00-2:50: The Practitioner’s Guide to Provisional Remedies: Discussing practical advice and guidance, this panel provides a roadmap for provisional remedy applications in state and federal courts.
- Moderator: Bonnie Tucker, Esq., JPMorgan Chase Bank, New York, NY
- Shari Alexander, Moses & Singer, New York, NY
- John P. Amato, Hahn & Hessen LLP, New York, NY
- Mitchell D. Haddad, Sills Cummis, New York, NY
3:00-3:50: Perspectives From the Bench: Hear our judges speak to the intricacies, successful strategies, and pitfalls involved with provisional remedy applications.
- Moderator: Peter Duffy Doyle, Proskauer, New York, NY
- Honorable Judith J. Gische, Appellate Division Associate Justice, First Department
- Honorable Barbara Jaffe, Justice of the Supreme Court, New York County
- Honorable Jeffery K. Oing, AABANY member, Justice of the Supreme Court, New York County Commercial Division
4:00-4:50: “Ins” and “Outs” of Injunctions: Diving into TRO's, affirmative injunctions, negative injunctions, and preliminary injunctions, the panel discusses how to win them and beat them (but not at the same time).
- Moderator: Kevin J. McEleney, Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C., Hartford, CT
- John Cahill Esq., Cahill Partners, New York, NY
- Chris Gawley, Esq., Bank Leumi USA, New York, NY
- Anna Mercado Clark, AABANY member, Phillips Lytle LLP, New York, NY
5:00-5:50: Ethical Conundrums: Provisional remedies often involve expedited proceedings on records that have not yet been fully developed - hear our panel of experts debate ethical dilemmas you may experience.
- Moderator: Jim Wicks, Farrell Fritz, Uniondale, NY
- Honorable April Agostino, Esq., Clerk of the Appellate Division, Second Department
- Theodore K. Cheng, AABANY member, Fox Horan & Camerini LLP, New York, NY
- Ralph DeLouis, Moritt Hock & Hamroff LLP, Garden City and New York, NY
6:00-7:30: Cocktail Reception