AABANY "In the News" Archives
For current "In the News" updates for 2015, please click here.
AABANY in the News 2014
- November 21: Judge Toko Serita discusses victims at risk and Human Trafficking Intervention Court in The New York Times.
- November: Don H. Liu is featured in Super Lawyers: Business Edition 2014.
- October: Susan Shin is named Working Mother's 2014 Working Mother of the Year at Arnold & Porter.
- July 17: World Journal reports on the Joint NYCLA/AABANY Reception for Glenn Lau-Kee, first Asian American president of the New York State Bar Association.
- July: Don Liu makes the front cover of InsideCounsel with CFO Kathryn Mikells.
- June 10: Vince Chang is quoted in Law360's "NY Swap Contract Ruling Means Defenses Hinge on On S-Word''"
- May 20: Justice Jeffrey K. Oing is featured in Law360.
- May 15: Glenn Lau-Kee is profiled in New York State Bar News.
- May 7: Tristan Loanzon's First Department Victory Noted on Front Page of NYLJ
- May 2: Helen Wan's The Partner Track is featured on CUNY TV, with comments from Yang Chen, Clara Ohr, and Ona Wang.
- May 1: Clara Ohr and Randall Eng feature articles in New York Law Journal, Law Day, "American Democracy and the Rule of Law: Why Every Vote Matters."
- May 1: Alice Hsu & Vinoo Varghese are named among New York Law Journal's Rising Stars 2014.
- March 31: Don Liu & Sandra Leung are named in The National Law Journal's Special Report: America's 50 Outstanding General Counsel.
- March 31: Lily Fan is interviewed for the online magazine Woman Around Townabout her theatrical production projects.
- February 13: Helen Wan, author of The Partner Track, was featured The Washington Post.
AABANY in the News 2013
AABANY in the News 2012
- December 12, 2013: Vincent Chang quoted in New York Commercial Litigation Insider
- December 12, 2013: Vinoo Varghese inNYLJ
- December 9, 2013: James Lin quoted in the New York Post
- November 25, 2013: The Partner Trackselected as Real Simple Magazine's Book Club
- November 18, 2013: Helen Wan's book,The Partner Track, featured in Inside Counsel
- November 12, 2013: NACDL Strike Force Represent Vinoo Varghese
- November 9, 2013: "22 Lewd Chinese Women" featured in NPR's Weekend Edition
- October 4, 2013: Tsui Yee quoted in WNYC news article on the Impact of the Government Shutdown
- September 30, 2013: Rio Guerrero featured in Adobonation
- September 16, 2013: Nelson Mar Quoted in WNYC News Story on Disruptive Students
- September 11, 2013: Vincent Chang Quoted in New York Law Journal
- September 4, 2013: AABANY re-enactment of '22 Lewd Chinese Woman' featured in The Atlantic
- July 16, 2013: AABANY re-enactment of the Heart Mountain trials covered in theNew York Law Journal
- June 12, 2013: Tsui Yee interviewed in theEpoch Times on comprehensive immigration reform
- May 24, 2013: Mike Huang and AABANY officers listed in the New York Law Journal: Meet the Affinity Bar Group Presidents
May 1, 2013
: Michael Wu featured in May Issue of Inside Counsel
May 1, 2013
: Mike Huang's Law Day article in the New York Law Journal.
- April 2013: Lillian Moy Awarded 2013 Diversity Trailblazer Award
- April 13, 2013: Asian-American Women Prosecutors Break Through "The Ceiling" (World Journal)
- April 8, 2013: Pauline Yeung-Ha quoted on WNYC Radio
- March 25, 2013: Vinoo Varghese defends younger brother of Raj Rajaratnam in major insider trading case
- February 22, 2013: Glenn Lau-Kee makes history as the first Asian-American president of the New York State Bar Assocation
- February 6, 2013: AABANY President 2011 Linda Lin makes a historic ‘no’ vote at the City Council Districting Commission February 6 meeting
AABANY in the News 2011
- October 23/26, 2012: Vinoo Varghese's brief gets press coverage from two major publications in one week, from the New York Times andthe New York Law Journal.
- October 12, 2012: Immediate Past President Linda Lin speaks at press briefing about the impact of lung cancer on the APA community
- July 2012: Manhattan DA’s Office Warns of Fraud Associated with Deferred Action (Singtao Daily)
- May/June 2012: Linda Lin Appointed to City Council Districting Commission (multiple news outlets)
- April 20, 2012: Yang Chen quoted in "Asians Lead City In Growth Rate" (WSJ)
- April 17, 2012: U.S.-Asia Lawyer Cooperation Forum Held (World Journal)
- April 4, 2012: Chinese Community Immigration Fraud Case: Vance Urges Victim to Report Crimes (Epoch)
- April 9, 2012: "Watch Out, Billable Hour: Alternative Fee Arrangements Continue to Grow" (WSJ Blog).
- April 8, 2012: "Keeping Students’ Mental Health Care Out of the E.R." (NYT)
- March 2012: Aric Wu, partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Crain's Best 40 Under 40 2012.
- February 22, 2012: AABANY Women’s Committee member, Helen Wan to publish novel with Macmillan/St. Martin's Press.
- January 13, 2012: Vinoo Varghese quoted in "Guilty Plea in Hirst Fakes" (WSJ)
- December 13, 2011: Vinoo Varghese quoted in front page article, "Accused cop killer slips through cracks" (Metro NY).
- December 7, 2011: Karen Wu, NYSBA Outstanding Young Lawyer (Sing Tao Daily).
- November 23, 2011: "Skipping the Partner Track for a Shingle of One’s Own" (NYT)
- October 17, 2011: NYCLA Hosts 'Multilingual Lawyering' Forum (NYLJ)
- October 7, 2011: "A Judge's Education, A Sentence at a Time" (NYT)
- Sept. 8, 2011: Epoch Times reports on Queens public hearing held by LATFOR, the state redistricting commission, at which AABANY testified.
- August 25, 2011: The Daily News reports on ACCORD's efforts to address redistricting.
- August 2011: The Federal Lawyer profile on Hon. Denny Chin written by Vincent Chang, past AABANY President.
- July 27, 2011: AABANY Joins ACCORD, APA Coalition on re-districting (various Asian press).
- June 29: "Madoff Judge Recalls Rationale for Imposing 150-Year Sentence" (NYT)
- June 30: Prosecutors' Committee's three-year anniversary (NYLJ)
- June 10, 2011: City Bar Hosts Judges from China (NYLJ)
- June 2011 NYSBA Journal: "Do the Right Thing: Networking, Mentoring, Business and Leadership Development for the Diverse Attorney."
- June 7, 2011: AABANY and City Bar co-host reception for judges from China (various Chinese press)
- May/June 2011 New York State Bar News: The Bar Around the Corner.
- May 17, 2011 press conference at New York City Bar on gay marriage legislation (NYLJ)
- May 12, 2011: NYCLA and AABANY celebrate diversity on the bench (Sing Tao Daily and theBrooklyn Eagle)
- May 9, 2011: NYLJ front page article on Judge Serita's decision in People v. G.M.
The best way to keep up with us is to come along for the ride!